When was the last time V’s were shipped? How many? How many have been shipped in total? How many outstanding orders are there? When will people with defective V’s get the refund that was promised or a working V?
How are you going to provide refunds when you do not have the capital to manufacture product? What is your business plan when more funds are withheld because their are more chargebacks because you are not providing refunds in a timely manner?
Last time Vs were shipped was a week ago. As of now we have fulfilled 65% percent of all orders. I would like to emphasize that we have all of the components needed for production in the warehouse and we have some of the devices assembled. Before the investment hits our bank account we will keep doing the same thing as before. Get manufacturer ship some devices → get funds unfrozen → repeat. Ultimately it comes down to how much risk the manufacturer can afford to bear at this point. But we’ve made some progress here.
We have capital to manufacture and refund. A lot of it is frozen. We will send out refund instruction by email but refunds will be coming out of the frozen funds.I don’t think more funds can be frozen. Only more of them can be unfrozen as we are trying to use all the funds as efficiently as possible. We are in the final stages with the investment as well so it will change things up quite a bit.
if I were to stick with you guys and the fantastic looking device you’ve made how long would I actually be looking for delivery? A couple of weeks? A couple more months? Carrying on from this if I don’t want to wait for my V how would I get a refund if the funds are currently frozen, hence the lack of shipments and V’s being produced. Would that mean I’d be waiting a similar length of time for my refund as to waiting for the V?
Thanks! Your attitude is really appreciated!
To be honest the answer is depends. We keep shipping Vs steadily. In case if the investment arrives it would dramatically speed up the process as it would provided needed intermediary funding. I recommend you wait for the newsletter we are sending out now with shipping estimator. We have the most conservative timeline in there. Situation with timelines changes weekly as based on the amount of units we get shipped from the manufacturer different amount of funds get unfrozen.
What I am hoping for is that in 1-2 weeks from now I’ll post an update saying how awesome situation is and that we have received an investment and all of the outstanding orders get shipped within 2 weeks. (we are really far in the discussions with investors they understand our situation which is common for hardware startups).
My best advice would be to wait few weeks. It might be too much to ask but situation can change dramatically for better any moment. (not worse really )
What kind of compensation will you guys provide with this issue since the V is pretty much outdated
when it ship on august? surely not with $50 credit… lol
You mentioned about compensation last time.
As for refund, how long the ACTUAL REFUND will be processed?
thanks. We will work something out in the long run. We want to compensate people for all of the delay! As for the outdated part I agree that V took a lot of time to deliver and its our fault fully. Good news here is that Core Y CPUs we use in V are the latest and there doesnt seem to be a drastic improvement coming to Y series CPUs from the roadmap. In other terms V has flagship specs I think. SSD, Display, Thunderbolt 3 and other features will be top notch for the future. I am just saying that from our perspective we don’t see any major tech coming based on the road maps.
As for the refunds it depends on your payment method. We will be using frozen funds for the refund. Please wait out for the newsletter that is to come out any moment.
I get your point buddy. We are not any more cornered than we were in April when we explained our situation to the community. The main issue has been that we have shipped quite a lot of Vs according to our estimator but investment i still taking few more weeks. Shipping estimates we have are completely reasonable on the website as some people have cancelled their orders and we have some spare Vs. Plus it helps us out to ship out additional orders as payment processors get more funds in.
Anyways I have to say you are a great guy and I read some of your comments in the forum before. I am sorry I haven’t answered them previously. We had an idea to take away customer centric discussions in the community as oftentimes community discussion can be misleading. My excuse was all of those supplier/investor meetings to get more Vs shipped. Point of this paragraph is to say sorry. There is no easy way to say it I guess. We are very committed and we will make it right. We learned our lessons and know what to look out for the future but we needed to make these mistakes to learn.
When you send out a revised estimate to buyers, why should buyers believe that estimate any more than the June one that was missed, or the promises before that were missed? i.e. Can you provide any assurances that the next estimate will actually be met
our main challenge is that once people get their Vs they get away from the forum immediately:) Quite a lot of people got their Vs according to the shipping estimators but then we couldn’t ensure it for everyone. This time we’ve put the most conservative estimate out there.
sorry I forgot your planet. I-got-my-V-but-there’s-issue planet exists. We are doing our best to get any issues fixed. As for the accessories sales opening it requires us take away some of the focus in terms of available funds towards it and we won’t open the accessory sales unless we receive the investment or more orders are fulfilled. We want to open it as soon as possible. As for your keyboard sorry to hear that! Can you mail me your issue
What do you think would be reasonable? we want to come up with something reasonable in the long run.
As for the shipping costs they will be much lower for smaller items. We don’t have the rates for them live yet in the store as we are not selling anything without the V.
Seriously you are telling us you haven’t cancelled the wedding!!!??? (Joke
I’m sure many of us understand the problems you have had and truly want this to work. I’m happy to sit it out a little longer, but I think the main concern for myself is the risk that my £1200+ will be lost.
I tried to change my wedding date but Alissa wouldn’t let me. I tried few times. Ill make sure it has lowest impact on daily business! As for the guarantee of the refund by waiting your changes don’t decrease as funds are anyway frozen. The only chance that increases is of you getting your V as we get more funds unfrozen. We are sure that we will ship your V out and its a question of time. But of course we don’t want you to wait any longer. And when I place myself to your shoes I feel super bad… Sorry man! We will work it out!
It must be really nerve wrecking with all the problems pour together and blended into some horrifying monster labeled as dissatisfied customer.
I hope you can make it through in short time.
However, what happened to some of the customers which have no even the delivery estimator? Will they need to help themselves and ask with the support weekly? Monthly?
Thanks for compassion buddy. Customers who have no shipping estimator should write in to support and we will put it in place. We have them in our ERP system but sometimes there is an error in the code in our website that comes due to the conflict of tokens. What I am trying to say is that we got those people order and it will be shipped out but to see the estimation they would need to contact the support so we could update their tokens
All customers should get V’s by the end of Aug. We wanted to keep the estimate as conservative as possible.
We are down to top 1 now. We can’t disclose the name yet. But we are in the final stages of Due Diligence stage. That’s why we are expecting for the investment any moment
they are the most conservative dates we could make. We really hope to ship faster! Refund process is not for a limited time you can ask for a refund as long as you ordered your V before 4th of April. No matter what happens we will be working on providing you a V or a refund despite what you will choose.
thanks for the summary.
Your money are frozen. I am very sorry to hear how you feel. I will make sure your family hard earned money does not go to waste. Your frustration is justified.
we will focus on providing the refunds from the funds we have frozen. We can’t access them before we ship but our customers can. We will send detailed info once you fill in the survey and we identify what payment option you used as a customer.
The refund process/timeline is also my question. I don’t want to “hurt” Eve by doing a chargeback because I do, still, believe in the “dream”. But I’m pondering if that should be MY dream anymore. any more details on how that will work?
thanks bud. Claiming refund today or 2 month from now won’t affect anything (apart from you having the V by then:) ) Refunds will be issued from the frozen funds. We will send out detailed instructions in the email
if there is a delay to few people its cause by the same reason. For us it’s the choice we make daily of whether to ship V to a new customer or to issue a refund.
can you stop not updating, ignoring, forgetting, whatever it is the people who returned Vs and are waiting for a refund including HEBs. What are we waiting for at this point? Better not be for you to send out the Vs you have in the warehouse.
We are not forgetting/ ignoring you! Guys I think about you guys every night. We will provide you a workable solution as soon possible. I know we said it before but please have trust in my words we have a clear plan internally how to make sure everyone get’s what they want!
looking to hear your suggestions on the compensation. As for the survey it helps us track the amount of refunds better.
Good point! We’ll bring it out with our next team meeting this week!
As my old man used to say… an apology without a change means fuck all. With no commitment to what you are going to do in future that’s different to the past, they are just empty words.
Why is your company communication so lax? Why can’t your support answer emails? Frozen funds can’t be stopping replacement hardware being shipped or emails being sent. Keep people informed, even if its bad news, and it won’t breed such negativity.
I understand what you are saying. I get the point of frequent communications. We will work on improving. Only commitment I can give now is this post and my word. We are in this for a good cause and we expect to have difficulties!
yes we host it on SurveyMonkey as it’s pretty good. We would have to pay 500 USD more a month to get fully custom branding. We don’t really need it. We are fine in having it say SurveyMonkey instead of Eve.
I hear you. It’s your choice in the end of the day. All I can say is that today in community you can see only the issues. Majority of Eve customers are happy and get responses in time. Some people don’t. It’s our fault and we will fix it up. I don’t want to “convert you” to believe in Eve. All I am saying is that if you read those press reviews and customer reviews they paint a picture what owning Eve V is like pretty well! For example here you can find a bunch of them:
Official Collection of Eve V reviews
once again. Frustration understood. I am sorry to hear it.