What do youall do with old V when buying new V2,,,

everything is in the title.
Depending on WHEN the new V2 comes out, what do you all do with the old one when you buy a new one (in case the original still works)?
Sell it on Ebay? :smile:
give it to your wife :rofl: ? / or child or cousin or friend, mother, father, grandma… :no_mouth:

or sell it on Facebook in your neighborhood? :roll_eyes: (I don’t think so…)
no, serious question, though…

I managed to sell my old Surface 4 on ebay, was real lucky with that…

3 Likes

I’d probably leave it as a media consumption device or let my family use it for the same purpose.

1 Like

I ordered my Eve V (i7 16gb ram 512gb ssd) in Dec of '17 and received it in May of '18. I’ve had it for about 2 years now, and though I’m on my 3rd keyboard, the V is still a great device. If the new V comes out in a year or so, it’d be time to upgrade. I could sell the original on eBay or Amazon for $1000 maybe, and use the money to go toward the new V.

I will use it as a backup device when the new V gets damaged or is lost

My HEB V from December 2017 is already retired. I use it as backup device and would never think about selling it anywhere. My actually used SP6 is a candidate for sale when the new V will be available because it has no soul (I really like little defects and flaws… They make a device unique) and the screen of the SP6 is so bad in sunlight…

3 Likes

It would be awesome to get a cashback from eve itself once buying a new eve V, but I think it won’t worth the trade, how much could eve evaluate it? 200€ for the i5 version?
At the end I think it will become a stationary PC always connected to an external monitor in my father studio.

1 Like

I’m thinking of using it as an home automation hub. Mount it to the wall somewhere and have a camera doorbell, camera surveillance, light groups. All the fun stuff

1 Like

why, no coating?

and another question, why did '17-V retire? was the SP6 better?

were they all BT-only keyboards or replacement keyboards from EVE?
I somehow never intended to use the V keyboard and turned out it actually did have too many flaws (without being defective) so that I sold it. I use the BT-only keyboard I bought for my SP4.
I wish they would sell the V2 with only OPTIONAL keyboard. I don’t need a connected one.

The first and second one’s came from Eve. Both of their pogo pin ribbon connectors broke. Now I’m using a Brydge keyboard for Surface Pro (black) as my new keyboard, and it’s bluetooth only. It’s pretty good and it makes the V like a real laptop, but it lags sometimes.

There’s no coating on the SP6 screen and if you increase brightness for better visibility the battery is down immediately… The V was better in middle brightness than the SP6 in full brightness…
The V get retired because of a screen crack that disabled touch input. And after 2years of use my desire to buy new tech is getting irresistible…

2 Likes

Speaking of selling Vs, does anyone have a relative price history on the V? Interested in a timeline for the V2 and how its price will drop over time. Specifically for the i7 16GB model. Thanks!

1 Like

Maybe I will use mine as a portable retro gaming station :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you run emulators or something like retroarch? (which also runs emulators, but is more packaged…) And which consoles? :smiley:

Running LaunchBox as front end and retro arch in the background,on my V for on the go Retrogaming.
Systems are:
All Nintendo
Sega Mega Drive
Neo Geo
Arcade
PlayStation 1
Commodore C64 and Amiga…

2 Likes