So far we have already received over a thousand in-depth replies to our crowd development survey. Thank you all for your brilliant responses! We can’t wait to share the results with you, but in the meantime we would like to ask additional questions about some of the product categories to better understand what makes them special to you.
We’ll be tackling these in a random order, so don’t be too disheartened if your category isn’t picked first: more of these topics will be popping up over time. The next product we want to know about: monitors.
We want to better understand what your vision is of the perfect monitor, and what can we do to make it a reality. We haven’t forgotten about the in-depth ideas that have already been shared in our What’s Next? category, but here are some high-level topics to get a fresh discussion going. Product categories selected for development will be discussed in substantially more depth!
Bit depth , HDR , Nits and adaptive sync… If you need a refresher on monitor terminology or want to have a taste of what kind of specifications and features apply when choosing a monitor, have a look at this article from Tom’s Hardware. Fans of mobile devices might not know that portable monitors are a thing that exists.
So here are our questions for fans of good monitors:
- Describe yourself as a user. What kind of activities (or software) do you use your monitor for?
- What kind of monitor are you currently using, and why did you choose it?
- If you were to get a new monitor, how would you prioritise the features and specifications? (resolution, refresh rate, size, panel type, ports, etc.)
- What is a fair price point for the kind of monitor you’re looking for?
- In your opinion, what is the best monitor available on the market today, and why is it the best?
- Is there a unique value or innovation that Eve & the community could bring to this product category?
Please let us know your thoughts!