Spectrum Glossy on LTT

It’s finally happened: Linus has put up a review of a Spectrum.

He loves the monitor, but raises the usual concerns:

• Delivery issues
  • Awful customer support
  • Bad compatibility with Macs

To quote from the video (starting at 11:55):

Honestly, it seems to be an overall attitude problem. You already can’t produce enough of these things to fill your orders, so why do you need more press coverage? Why are you sending this to me? I can’t help feeling a little awkward having these review units in front of me that I didn’t pay for, when I know that there are customers who have Eve their actual money weeks or even months ago and probably should have gotten then in my place.

The actual issues may be due to shipping rather than supply, but the point still stands.

7 Likes

I don’t really know if shipping is the main factor because I have heard so many delays for various reasons over the months and year that I started preordering this product. I remember perfectly that since January, the date scheduled to deliver the Spectrum or whatever it is called… The 4K144Hz Glossy model was destined for June. Once again… Delays and more delays. The more excuses you tell customers who have bought. Customers will feel more like a lie rather than an excuse like quality control. Some inconvenience always arises and you feel bad because the deadlines are long and once we reach the planned date… At the last minute, it must be said that there is a significant delay. Linus Tech Tips is saying it, not me. It’s a very serious general attitude problem…

The product is very expensive and not that impressive in some aspects and specifications. There is no real date for any product that they launch… Honestly, it seems dangerous to me that they sincerely don’t tell the truth and there is an excuse and another excuse and another excuse… The QHD280Hz model will not ship in October. Maybe production will start at the end of the month or the next. I’m talking about the matte version! The glossy model is for 2023… Dough can’t fool anyone and what an ugly name… Who thought it was a good idea to call the company that? The name itself seems like a joke.

What seems even more strange to me is just what Linus Tech Tips said, why does Eve need so much press? If it is not delivering anything. These monitors have been known for a long time, the only thing that was surprising and which is the reason for the video… The glossy coating. I am sincerely glad that I asked for the refund. I smell mistrust and possibly the competition will bring out more interesting monitors for the same price or a little more. $800-900 without adding the stand and the glossy coating. It is something absurd.

I think Linus was very fair in his review of the glossy monitor. I wish I had a glossy one but ordered my three matte ones (and I was lucky they did arrive) before it was announced. I think the other point Linus makes is:

• Still in development too
1 Like

I think it was a really good review, and very fair and honest. It’s great that he loves the design and the display is better than almost anything out there other than the Apple Pro Display XDR and other super high end monitors. There are a few caveats unfortunately, such as shipping, firmware bugs, and customer support in terms of the warranty and refunding. Hopefully though, all of these areas will be expanded and improved soon. I actually thought LTT wouldn’t do another review of an Eve/Dough product because it seemed sketchy or because of the long wait times. But glad to see the Glossy Spectrum was too good to not talk about it.

1 Like

Your comment seems optimistic but I think it’s more serious than it seems… The Linus Tech Tips channel responded to a user and literally said “Just to be clear, we are not recommending you go buy this display from Dough (formerly Eve). Chances of someone actually getting a product from this company are slim to none. Like we said in the video, if you DO want to risk it, at the very least make sure you’re using some sort of credit card with protections so you can issue a charge back when your monitor doesn’t arrive.”
Do you know the magnitude that represents that message? Devils! I also want or wanted the QHD280Hz Glossy model. But I’m just seeing with my own eyes… Delays and excuses, delays and excuses and in the end… You may see another more attractive screen. Glossy siding is a great idea, but it’s not cheap… When you’ve invested so much in one thing and you’re not getting it right away. You’re taking a risk… I feel sorry for how far this situation has come and my perception of Eve/Dough. Do you know the magnitude that represents that message? Devils! I also want or wanted the QHD280Hz Glossy model. But I’m just seeing with my own eyes… Delays and excuses, delays and excuses and in the end… You may see another more attractive screen. Glossy siding is a great idea, but it’s not cheap… When you’ve invested so much in one thing and you’re not getting it right away. You’re taking a risk… I feel sorry for how far this situation has come and my perception of Eve/Dough.
I don’t know who’s running Eve/Dough but they should seriously rethink what they’re currently doing. Lies weigh more than anything in this world… If you don’t meet that date, you’ve lied. Not because an inconvenience has occurred, they have happened several times throughout the year and also last year. Without products and satisfied customers, there is no guaranteed future for this company.