I am Marvin, and this is my first topic for the Eve Community. Most of you have probably seen me making contributions on various topics on a casual and technical level. I joined Team Eve this month and have worked since as a Community Manager; this allows me to communicate meaningful posts back to the team and make sure the community’s voices are heard.
My initial responsibilities will be managing the firmware requests provided by the community, regular firmware reports to Team Eve and partners, as well as delivering firmware updates, with this being the first, so smooth sailing from here on out!
We have been working closely with our firmware team to fix the issues the community has been experiencing. As you can imagine, dealing with these queries takes some time, and the firmware team has been working hard to resolve/improve our product. We have been working on things such as shortening the sleep time of the Spectrum, implementing split-screen mode, adding additional resolutions to the EDID etc…
We’ve also been able to do some image retention testing, attempting to produce the issues ourselves, as well as bringing new requests/improvements to the firmware team to test and give us feedback on whether they can be added or not.
We know you’ve been anxiously awaiting a fix, and we’ve decided to make this available to the community by introducing version 105.
This is a preview in name only. This is the final release of 105, but as it is not up on our website yet, we are bringing it to you early, in a preview manner, here on the forums only.
- Increased brightness range by reducing minimum brightness from about 75 nits to around 35 nits
- Improved compatibility for HDR and FreeSync on AMD graphics cards
- Improved compatibility for HDR on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5
- Added support for additional resolution/refresh rate combinations
640 × 480 @ 75Hz
1280 × 720 @ 100Hz
1280 × 720 @ 120Hz
1920 × 1080 @ 100Hz
2560 × 1440 @ 60Hz
1280 × 720 @ 144Hz
1920 × 1080 @ 144Hz
2560 × 1440 @ 144Hz
- Resolved issue where color HDR signals were displayed in black and white
- Resolved issue where display stream compression (DSC) caused the screen to flash black (‘blanking’) on AMD graphics cards up to and including 5000-series
Increased resolution support for Pixel Perfect upscaling
- To comply with regional regulations, a notification is displayed when settings are adjusted that can lead to higher power consumption. This will appear once when the following settings are changed for the first time:
a) brightness is increased higher than default;
b) backlight strobing is enabled; and
c) USB hub is set to ‘always on’
If you experience any issues with 105, you can roll back by clicking here.
There are many things I would like to see on Spectrum, and it’s clear that our community is looking to improve it. We’ll do our best to continue refining the lineup by thoroughly looking at every firmware request, issue, and improvement. I’m excited to be part of Team Eve and help develop products our wonderful community is proud of.