Spectrum ES07D03 | Firmware 107 Community Feedback

Makes sense! Is it the HD60 X you have?
I’m thinking about buying that and pairing it with this
That splitter has downscaling on port 2 so I can keep 4K and VRR.

Hello - can anyone point me to the Mac firmware instructions/installer please? I see that its referenced in the backlog but couldn’t see if it had been done. I’m assuming other Mac users have achieved firmware updates?

There’s no Mac firmware installer at the moment. I’ve seen some workarounds shared here in the community, though I tested them myself with an M1 Mac and I couldn’t manage to get the monitor detected. I do have a Windows PC, so it’s not a problem for me, but if you really need to update maybe you can borrow a laptop? It’d probably be the easiest way to get it while a Mac tool is developed.

I actually have the AverMedia Live Gamer BOLT Capture Card. That way, it’ll be good for recording and playing in 1440p 120Hz with HDR. Just hoping that the new update will come cause it’s overdue at this point.

Thanks for the reply. Will see if I can hunt down a PC to borrow. Cheers.

1 Like

Wanted to leave a bug report that can hopefully get fixed in the next firmware. The BIOS on MSI motherboards currently can’t display through the Eve Spectrum 4k with 107 firmware.

Hi there,

Welcome to the community!

I believe this is because the monitor does not support the resolution for BIOS. In other words, the resolution is missing in the EDID table. From what I know, there are some adjustments to the table, so we will have new resolution supported (by removing less popular setting, due to limited table size). All this planned to come in the next FW update 108.

When is the 108 version of firmware expected to release? Its very frustrating that it hasn’t come out yet since I bought this monitor to work with my MacBook over usb-c and it hasn’t worked with my MacBook in months ever since upgrading to the newest USB firmware update.

2 Likes

@LouSassle It should work fine with USB-C, have you checked that you use the correct cable? (Example: With my old USB-C cable it didn’t work but with an Anker Thunderbolt 3 with 40Gbps it works perfectly in 4k@144hz)

Ya I have a $150 dollar braided 40GBps transfer speed usb type c cable from apple and it used to work until I updated the usb firmware.

1 Like

You should be able to downgrade the USB firmware to the older version (the one ending in 17.02).

To do this, you’ll need to uninstall the 19.02 USB firmware updater first, then install the 17.02 updater. You can then run the updater to downgrade the firmware.

If you don’t uninstall the old version first, you’ll run into issues during the flashing process.

I have a fairly specific pain point that I’d like to throw out there for ES07D03 on Firmware 107. I stream on Twitch and fairly frequently am changing the monitor to a second device (PS5, switch, etc. on HDMI 2) while streaming. Whenever I switch back to the pc on the monitor (HDMI 1) it seems the entire graphics driver on the machine needs to restart (I suspect this because nvidia always pops up a message about G-sync which I recognize every time I update my graphics driver. When this happens (and also when the screen “blanks” as described numerous other places in community posts) the OBS encoder throws an absolute fit and completely kills my stream. To fix I have to hard kill OBS restart it and restart streaming.

I have seen that screen blanking is not a priority of 108, which is odd to me considering I cannot use VRR as a bandaid to get around the problem and it still doesn’t work reliably. Can I ask what are the priorities of 108?

Bug report Questionnaire:

MODEL NUMBER: Spectrum ES07D03
Scaler Firmware Version: 107
USB Firmware Version: N/A
Device Type and OS version: PC (Windows 11), PS5, & Switch through Elgato capture card.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080Ti
Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Pro
Video connection used for Spectrum: HDMI 2.1
Cable brand / specs used for connection: Ultra High Speed HDMI (48 Gbps)
Secondary video connection used for Spectrum: Not sure (probably HDMI 2.0?)
USB Hub setup: N/A

Issue details:
What does the issue look like: Display drivers crashing/restarting
What triggers the issue: Switching back to HDMI 1 from HDMI 2
What is the percentage of this happening: 100% of the time.
If it doesn’t happen all the time, what is the alternative outcome: N/A
Please provide any additional details you have found: OBS encoder on the GPU fails 100% of the time when this happens or the screen blanking issue happens.

According to the profile, @systemofadead , who was leading this work, no longer works for Eve/Dough. Certainly, there have been no posts from Kevin since September.

If that’s the case, it would be great to understand who is now leading this work. Given there’s been nothing since June, there’s the risk that Eve/Dough may have given up on fixing the firmware for the ES07D03 to focus on other models (or perhaps v108 will be released as a final update). Certainly, that was the approach for the 2017 V, where we were left with a beta bios and a promise of an update that never materialized.

5 Likes

Interesting observation, I certainly hope 108 comes out