So this black friday I got a pretty sweet deal on a T3Pro - i5 with 8Gb of ram and 256Gb SSD for 700 euros! Same device from eve would cost 1199 which is 500 euros more!
Here’s what I like:
- Price. This thing is a steal at 700 eur
- Appearance. It looks drop-dead gorgeous
- The display is bright and colorful, and is high-res enough for me
- Windows hello is fast and accurate even in low light
- Pen has very little lag. It’s detectable but compared to the ipad it’s almost as if it didn’t exist.
- HDMI Port
- Pen works everywhere, even in old apps that have problems with surface pro
What I do not like
- Storage space is a bit too low for me
- No magnetic clipping of the pen
- Most cases for it have their own kickstand instead of using the device one. They also look ugly.
- Fan noise is loud. I don’t have the problem with whining that other people report, but it still sounds a bit annoying, especially since it likes to randomly turn the fan on for 2 seconds and then stop, wait 5 seconds, turn it on again… other times it works constantly or not at all.
- Couldn’t get lazy nezumi to work with anything other than photoshop
- Windows 10 is a joke operating system that looks as if it were made by fisher-price (although eve suffers from the same problem)
What I do not care about
- “low” battery. I plan to leave it plugged in most of the time and only use it for presentations, which hopefully won’t take more than 4 hours
- slow SSD: Whatever.
So, that said, I still have some 10 days to return it if I want. But should I? If you had it, would you trade it for an eve?
I am having second thoughts after the notebookcheck review that stated the eve v m3 model had basically the same performance (or better) than the i5 and i7 models. It also gave both the V and the T3Pro an 86% grade
What would you do?