Screen Goes blank a for a couple seconds while playing Nintendo Switch

My issue is similar to that described in this post.

I’m having an issue with my Eve Spectrum 4K monitor while playing my Nintendo Switch using the provided Nintendo Switch HDMI cable while running the monitor in compatibility mode. I’m using HDMI 2 as my input source and the device outputs 1080p at 60 fps.

It interrupts gameplay at random times but is generally pretty reliable. Some days seem worse than others. I have bought an Eve HDMI 2.1 cable at the time of purchase but I haven’t tried using that yet. I’m reluctant to use this cable for this reason seeing as it’s obviously overkill to use this for just 1080p 60 fps. Any suggestions would be helpful!

Hi @Alex_Smith,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Spectrum.

I would recommend trying out a different HDMI cable just to eliminate the factor of the cable being the problem.

Have you also tried upgrading your Firmware to the latest version?

Yes, I’m using the latest version of the firmware, 104. Also, I’m using the HDMI cable that came with the switch itself. It worked perfectly on my TV. I’ll give the HDMI 2.1 cable a try.

Just in case, I would try Eve Spectrum’s HDMI port #1 instead of #2.

Thank you, @MT. I’ll give that a try as well!

Any suggestions on using compatibility mode and what that even does?

Hi @Alex_Smith,

Did the alternative HDMI cable work?

Also, compatibility mode is a standardised means for a display to communicate its capabilities to a source device. The premise of this communication is for the display to relay its operational characteristics, such as its native resolution, to the attached source, and then allow the source to generate the necessary video characteristics to match the needs of the display. This maximizes the functional compatibility between devices without requiring a user to configure them manually.