MSI ClickBios 5 Graphical Corruption Issue

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5800x
GPU: RTX 4080 FE
MOBO: MSI x570 MEG ACE (latest BIOS)
Spectrum is on latest firmware

So I just upgraded my GPU from a 3080 to a 4080 earlier this week. I decided to go into my BIOS to tinker a little and noticed that the BIOS screen 1) didn’t extend all the way to the right 2) when I clicked on an option, the UI would glitch out (ie. everything would freeze and even the text would change language). The Spectrum is connected to the 4080 via HDMI 2.1 cable. At first I thought it was a corrupted BIOS (though the PC is working fine). Eventually, I hooked up my old LG 4k monitor via DisplayPort and the BIOS displayed and worked fine.

The only other piece of info I have is that the monitor shows 1280 x 720 @ 144Hz and behavior doesn’t seem to change whether I set HDMI mode to compatibility or 2.1. Also turning off VRR doesn’t do anything.

I did flash an nVidia update to the 4080 that’s supposed to fix issues where people weren’t able to see their BIOS (which admittedly is a different issue).

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I can’t keep trucking an old monitor over to my system every time I want to go into the BIOS :slight_smile:

As an update … it seems like turning compatibility mode on for HDMI 1 before rebooting into the BIOS seems to sort the issue. Still don’t know why this started happening but it is what it is.