I received my EVE Spectrum screen yesterday. I’ll be short :
- impressive packaging
- Great colors, very punchy, far better than my previous 4K TN panel (which seems now to have a grey filter ^^) and superior than almost any IPS panel I’ve seen yet.
- 144 Hz is working perfectly and seems very smooth
- Freesync works perfectly fine (FS and GSync may cause some flickering orblack intermittent screen, here I don’t have any issues)
- there is no clouding due to the backlight in any cornor, it’s a very good thing
- the colors feel very accurate
- as usual on windows with PC monitors, the HDR looks washed out, so I’m still in SDR.
I’m very pleased with my product. A GN950 would have cost me 950€ VAT included, with EVE I “only” paid 650 for a great product.
The only concern I have for now is the fact Windows 10 does not offer the 2560x1440 choice on my laptop using HDMI (The laptop is HDMI 1.4 so I can’t afford 2160p60). I have 2560x1600 but 30fps, so I’m still on 1080p for now. I have the 1440p option on my desktop PC using DP 1.4
(the laptop is my working laptop, I cannot install anything such as CRU)
I’ll consider to buy a USB-C → HDMI to achieve the 4K60