Help with Xbox S

So I have a ps5 and Xbox series X and I’m using the hdmi 2.1 cables that they came with and they both work ok on the eve monitor. I bought my son the series S for his bday today and I try to hook it up to the eve monitor and it won’t work. I tried the hdmi cable that came with it and it did not work. I also tried the hdmi cable that came with the series X did not work. So I tried a different monitor an old piece of shit one and turned on right away. What do I need to do to get the Xbox series S to work on the eve monitor?

A lot of the problem for us is due to the Hdmi cable. Spectrum is very picky. A easy solution for a few of us was buying a certified hdmi 2.1 cable online. Also make sure you have the latest Spectrum firmware as well. If you are having a hard time for the series s to be displayed. While the console is on. You can turn off the monitor and then turn it back on. That sometimes helps display the series s.

2 Likes

Is it safe to update to 104? I have no problems on 102 except for the xbox s problem.

1 Like

You can always roll back with the 102 firmware here at the forum.
So if you have problems, I would give 104 a try.

2 Likes

you can try it out. i don’t have any issues with firmware 104. firmware 104 also address some of the current gen xbox series. if it doesn’t work out for you. you can roll back to the previous firmware.

1 Like

So today I was playing on my XSX some halo and right in the middle of a match the screen goes black. Had to turn the monitor off and on again and it came back to working. I’m starting to get worried about this monitor. Anyone else have that happen any fix for it?

yes, it has been an issue for others however mostly for PC end users. Only xbox series x problems i’ve been reading from others is having a hard time calibrating hdr in the xbox settings and that the monitor takes a while for it to detect a series x. most of my fixes has been buying a certified hdmi 2.1 and making sure the cables are pushed in all the way via monitor and via console. Also make sure series x is up to date. That is the basic fix I know of.

1 Like

Are the hdmi cords that come with Xbox and PlayStation not certified HDMI 2.1?

Not certified. Basic hdmi 2.1. Support.xbox recommends if those needing a different hdmi 2.1 or longer 2.1 cable is to purchase a certified hdmi 2.1.

1 Like

Amazon.com: 8K HDMI Cable 10FT, Maxonar (Certified) 48Gbps Ultra High Speed HDMI 2.1 Cord 8K60 4K120 eARC RTX 3090 HDCP 2.2&2.3 Dolby Compatible with Playstation 5/PS5, Xbox Series X, Roku/Fire/Sony/LG CX TV : Electronics
Amazon.com: Zeskit Maya 8K 48Gbps Certified Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable 6.5ft, 4K120 8K60 144Hz eARC HDR HDCP 2.2 2.3 Compatible with Dolby Vision Apple TV 4K Roku Sony LG Samsung Xbox Series X RTX 3080 PS4 PS5 : Electronics
any of these cables are great! Just pick any of the two and select the amount of cable FT you need.

Thanks for your help. Hopefully this works. Do you think I should update the firmware to 104?

yes! firmware 104 does have some fixes for xbox series consoles.

By chance do you know how to update to 104? I could use a MacBook or windows whatever is easiest.

windows is easiest. head over to Support – Eve (evedevices.com)
Click on Downloads. The file for the firmware will be there. Download the file. then open up the file to install the installer tool. open the installer tool. find the firmware that you just downloaded and open it up in the installer and start downloading. you will need a usb c, usb a or b cable to install the firmware.
Project: Spectrum | How To Update The Firmware - Development / Project: Spectrum | Development - Eve Community
here is the steps to install the firmware.

here is a youtube walkthrough in case it helps. Eve Spectrum 095 Firmware Update - YouTube
make sure your cable supports DATA as well instead of just charging.

2 Likes

Thanks your awesome!!

1 Like

also make sure your cable is connected to one of the ports that is located Bottom left corner of the screen. that are left of the joystick. Doing so the installer will detect the monitor in order to proceed to installing firmware.

1 Like