G-Sync working in HDMI but not DisplayPort after v107 firmware update

Hello,

I recently updated to the v107 firmware after having the screen for some time. Until recently I had always used DisplayPort, however after the update when playing games on PC using my 3080ti I found that the monitor would black out whenever Adaptive-Sync was enabled.

Using the nvidia Pendulum test I was unable to select the G-Sync option which confirmed my suspicion that this was causing the issue. When using an HDMI 2.1 cable with VRR enabled however I am able to use G-Sync within the demo.

Obviously this is not a huge issue as there’s no real difference between the two, but I thought I would share my findings here in case anyone else runs into the same issue. Hopefully this gets corrected in the next update!

1 Like

Hey @business.casual thanks for sharing! Will let the team know to so they can look more into it!

I found a way to fix this, for anyone experiencing this issue you need to disable G-Gync in the Nvidia Control Panel then re-enable it.

1 Like

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing your findings!

When you said “black out”, how long did the screen turn black before it turns back to normal?

It would remain black until I exited the game