Firmware 107 Bug Report: AMD 6800XT Graphics Card Driver Crash

MODEL NUMBER: Spectrum ES07D03
Scaler Firmware Version: 107
USB Firmware Version: 06A4 / 0A.89.17.02
Device Type and OS version: PC Windows 11 21H2 (OS Build 22000.739)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: PowerColor (AMD) RX 6800 XT Red Devil
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Video connection used for Spectrum: DisplayPort
Cable brand / specs used for connection: Maxonar 8K DisplayPort 1.4
Secondary video connection used for Spectrum: None
USB Hub setup: USB Type-B to USB Type-A Motherboard Back IO USB 3.2 Gen 2
Issue details: Sometimes when windows start up and I get to the login screen the display will be unresponsive and the monitor will blank black for a second, sort of like a refresh and then display the login screen again. I log in and I am presented with an AMD driver timeout bug report suggesting the drivers have just crashed and restarted. This can also happen when waking the monitors from standby/sleep after inactivity.
What does the issue look like (you can provide a picture or video here, if any): See issue details
What triggers the issue (how to replicate it): Window’s Start-up or coming out of display idle mode
What is the percentage of this happening: 30-40%
If it doesn’t happen all the time, what is the alternative outcome: None
Please provide any additional details you have found: Have used multiple AMD drives, with clean installations and this has occurred with previous scalar firmware versions

Update: I also have used my AMD 6800XT with an Asus ROG Swift PG27AQ before my Eve Spectrums for several months with no issues. So I do believe the trigger of the AMD drivers to crash to be monitors.

1 Like

While the GPU-driver issue may be triggered by a monitor issue, the GPU-driver issue is a GPU-driver issue in the first place, so it’s more important to report the issue to the GPU manufacturer.

1 Like

I have, and I can confirm it’s triggered by the monitor. No issues with an older Asus ROG monitor I have just a test monitor at the moment to rule out of its the monitor or another hardware/software-based issue.