Dead Pixel after 8 Months of use

8 months of everyday use and I got a dead pixel. Has anyone had experience with the same? What was the return process like? I have already logged it with support.

Are you sure it’s actually a dead pixel? That looks to be several pixels, and could be the default crosshair in the middle of the screen.

It’s possible for the crosshair to get turned on by accident. If you press the stick on the back of the Spectrum to the right, it’ll toggle the crosshair. Press it to the left and you’ll toggle the FPS counter.

The best way to check is to go into your Spectrum’s on-screen controls and into the Gaming section. If it says that that crosshair is on, turn it off and your should go back to normal. You may also want to change the crosshair to a different shape and/or colour to make it more obvious when it’s on.

4 Likes

That last part is especially important. I always change the crosshair to the Eve Logo and to a red color so there is no mistake, even though I never actually use the crosshair.

1 Like

You are a legend. It happened just after I didn’t a firmware upgrade. Either I knocked it or the upgrade turned it on. (I probably knocked it.) hero’s. Thank you.

1 Like