Colour Calibration Help

Could someone help me please.

I’m a ui / digital designer and colour accuracy is important to my work.

I don’t think the spectrum is as accurate as it could be. I feel it’s on the warmer side

Values put in:

Colour Space: DCI-P3
Brightness: 65
Contrast: 50
Sharpness: 50

Colours:
Red: 250
Green: 255
Blue: 255

I had it in 6504k Normal (Seems the recommended space for balanced whites)

However, the whites just seem yellow-ish ever so slightly. My eyes can’t shake it off, I can tell it’s not right.

I can’t afford to get one of those monitor calibrators as of right now. I’m just looking to see if anyone has had the same experience and has found settings in the OSD that have tweaked the display for a truer image, particularly white balance.

Would really love to hear from other spectrum owners on this.

Cheers!

2 Likes

A color accuracy chart came with your monitor. Can you take a look at it or post it here to see what the values it measured are. You should be able to see if it reported a yellow bias. Also if you are doing digital color work you should probably be using the sRGB mode. Not sure if the Spectrum uses 10bit color in the P3 mode. If not it would just be making colors oversaturated.

3 Likes

I see. I’ll gather the report when I’m back next week. I see, the only reason I didn’t have it in sRGB mode is due to seeing reports of the display having issues in that mode. I shall try it in there and see if the whites are more balanced. Thanks!

3 Likes

I used an i1Display Pro to calibrate mine, and I do believe that it came a little warm out of the box. That was several months ago and I forget the exact numbers, but I think the white point was more like 6800K than 6500K.

However, that was with HDR so I don’t know if the factory sRGB or DCI-P3 colour settings have any effect.

2 Likes

Whilst I am unable to help with color calibration at the moment, if you do encounter any issues in sRGB mode please let me know

1 Like

Do you know if the P3 color space uses 10bits or 8bits?

1 Like

It is 10bit but is achieved through 8bit + FRC

1 Like

My spectrometer tested the following settings ES07D03 has a color temperature of 6504K.

Colour Space: DCI-P3
Brightness: 65
Contrast: 50
Sharpness: 50

Colours:
Red: 255
Green: 240
Blue: 232

But I would recommend you to use the default 6504K, because it is usually only about 200K below the target at full brightness. (calibration program problem)

3 Likes

Thank you for this! I’ve dialed it in to get it more accurate to my setup! I’ll bare this in mind for the future and give it a trial run, cheers!

2 Likes