Autorotate On/Off Flickers on

I suspect that the keyboard connector is the culprit but wanted to see what others have to say. If I disconnect the keyboard and restart the Eve V I don’t get the Autorotate on/off flickering to happen.

Is there anyway to get a replacement keyboard or is the sensor inside the tablet also messed up?

1 Like

You are correct in your assessment of the root cause. I had the same happen to me before in the past. I ended up needing a new keyboard. I don’t believe there is an avenue for that anymore. I think your best chance is to repair the keyboard or have someone repair it for you.

2 Likes

Thank you. I don’t know where to go get it fixed. I think one of the pins is bent and not connecting. I might get a cheap SP4 keyboard without pins (Bluetooth connection) or a Brydge 12.3 like some others have mentioned here ($70).

It is a pity that Eve doesn’t offer a replacement on their website.

Hi all,
I have the same issue that all the time, when the keyboard is connected, the autorotate flickers on/off and tablet is constantly changing from tablet to normal mode…
Any idea, how to solve this?

The issue is that your pogo pins that connect the keyboard to the tablet are damaged. One idea is to see if Eve will sell you a new keyboard. Another potential solution is to get the Brydge 12.9 keyboard for the Surface Pro. It is quite a problem that you cannot order a new keyboard directly from Eve. This is why I am very hesitant to order the new Eve. After sales support is not equivalent to what you get from a bigger company.

This was a common fault with the original V, and it still happens to me from time to time. It doesn’t necessarily mean the pins are damaged. I find the best approach is disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard a few times until it calms down. Sometimes rebooting helps too. It does seem quite random as to when it happens to me.

I ended up buying a Brydge 12.3 Pro keyboard on eBay. Eve customer service did not even respond to my email. I don’t think I am going to be buying another Eve product again.

I had to find out that the Problem now even continues with the keyboard disconnected. Is it the same for you guys?
For me it seems that it’s more. Something to the eve V itself then to the keyboard?

Once I disconnect the keyboard my issues disappears. I ordered the Brydge 12.3 Pro+ and will post back here to see how it works out. I hear that Brydge 12.3 works fine as well and that can be bought on eBay for US $35 or so.

I hope you are able to get your issue fixed.

Update: After 1 week Eve customer service finally responded. Solution is that since my device is out of warranty they can send me a new keyboard for $114 + $30 (shipping) = $144 for a new keyboard.

Luckily the Brydge 12.3 Pro+ cost $38 on eBay and seems to be working fine. First time around was fine supporting the plucky startup. But if the service is this expensive and this slow, I am not sure I want to plunk down my hard-earned money on them again.