Audio on the Spectrum

I was wondering if it was possible to connect an audio interface into my spectrum and get audio input and output to all my connected devices. I currently have my laptop connected to the usb c port, and my ps4 and nintendo switch through the hdmi ports and it would be really nice if I could just have my audio connected to all of them without having to buy mutiple cables all connected to my laptop or buy a mix amp.

Hi there,

It should be possible since the 3.5mm jack outputs audio signal from video source device currently selected.

I’m sorry, I should have been more specific in my question. The audio interface would be connected via USB. I was hoping that I could get confirmation that the USB-B port (or any other port if possible) would work but I’m skeptical as it is upstream and the others are downstream. If there is another way to connect the audio besides the 3.5mm jack, I would really appreciate it to know.

1 Like

Hi there,

If that’s the case then I am not sure. Based on the specs, only the 3.5mm jack is capable of outputting audio signal.

USB-B is used mainly to use the hub function and firmware update. I doubt the USB ports are capable of outputting audio as well.

I will put another post here if I found out otherwise.

1 Like

It was previously confirmed for me that Spectrum isn’t physically capable of direct USB audio output. The only displays that do support it to my knowledge are Android TVs.
You can however connect the USB audio device to the monitor’s USB type A ports and use the generic USB hub functionality over USB types B and C cables connected to the laptop/Playstation/Switch, since those devices support USB audio output. (But Xbox, Wii U, and other things don’t)