4k NetFlix/Youtube on Win10

This is probably dumb, I have a few monitors connected to the PC and only one the Eve 4k is 4k. When I watch youtube or netflix there is no options to stream at 4k. Am I doing something wrong?

youtube you just need to click on the settings icon bottom right corner and change it to 4k. if the video supports 4k. Netflix 4k on pc you need to install HEVC VIDEO EXTENSIONS from MS store.
After installing HEVC VIDEO EXTENSIONS (ULTRA HD 4k) will appear on certain shows/movies.
Also make sure your monthly Netflix subscription has 4k in the plan. You want PREMIUM plan for 4k content on NETFLIX. Also make sure your internet can stream 4k content as well. That should do it.

1 Like

I already had that installed, Youtube will only go up to 1080p and NetFlix will only show HD

so you have HEVC installed. What about Netflix PREMIUM? Does your internet support 4k? you need minimum 25mbps.
Internet Speed Test | Fast.com if you do what about your hdmi cable or display cable.
and in display settings have 4k resolution enabled.

Yeah i got 1 gig fibre. Resolution is set to 3480 x 2160p 144hz. Super weird. I’ve unplugged all other monitors as well. It’s a brand new dp 1.4 cable. I’ll dig in deeper tomorrow

1 Like

It was an old chrome extension I had forgotten about
h264ify.